Auditions for Enchanted April will be held at Theater Bartlesville on Sunday, January 15th from 4pm to 7pm
One day only: auditions and call backs.
Standard British accents (and one female Italian accent) required which is why we're casting early! Even if you're in Grapes, you won't want to miss the chance to read for and possibly perform in this wonderful play by Matthew Barber, adapted from the very popular novel by Elizabeth Von Arnim. Rehearsals start March 6th, show opens April 13. Great roles for men and women. 1922, Post WWI London, then Genoa, Italy.
Awards and Reviews:
- 2003 John Gassner Award winner—Outstanding New American Play.
- 2003 Tony Award Nominee—Best Play.
- "A comical, restorative journey of discovery…from darkness to light, from inhibition to unrestrained joy. Beautiful and theatrically rewarding." —Daily Variety.
- "Enchanted April is as good as they come: a lush, thoroughly refreshing theatrical holiday. Escape has seldom seemed so sweet. A magical triumph." —LA Times.
- "Enchanted April is that rarity: a play where every single element falls perfectly into place - a show that leaves you positively glowing." —NYTheatre.com.
- "The kind of play that reminds you of why you love theatre." —Hartford News.